PROPERTY DATA & ASSOCIATION SERVICES
To assist you with an understanding of SeaSpray’s property, operations and services, a brief explanation of most of the components is included below.
Fire Alarm & Sprinkler System
- An Association managed system that includes a speaker and strobe and sprinklers in each unit. There are pull stations and fire extinguishers in the walkway on each floor.
- When you see a fire, exit your unit and use one of the two pull stations located on your floor to alarm the system. The entire building will be notified. All occupants should exit the building using the stairs and meet at the tennis court edge for the River Building and at the West Parking Lot planted median area for the East and West Building. If you are handicapped and cannot go down the stairs, wait on an end of the floor in the walkway and a fireman will rescue you or instruct you on what to do.
- High heat triggers the sprinklers. Only the nearby, affected area of sprinklers will engage and spray water in an attempt to put out fire.
- If there is a small fire and you feel confident to use the extinguisher located in the walkways on your floor, remove the extinguisher, pull the pin and spray in a slow swaying motion left to right at the base of the fire until the fire is extinguished.
- Once the fire and alarm are addressed you will be given an all clear notification that you can return to the units.
- Please do not ignore alarms. Most of the time, the alarms sound when there is not a fire event present; however, ignoring the alarm could be your last. Please respond to alarms and exit the building unless an announcement is broadcast telling you otherwise.
- Alarm and Smoke Detector System is not connected to the Association’s fire and alarm system. (look under Unit Information Tab)
Domestic Water & Sewerage System
- Water and Sewerage services are a utility paid by your monthly fees through the Association. ECUA is the local utility provider.
- Incoming water is pumped to each unit with a pumping system. Sometimes high occupancy or increased use can decrease your water pressure. The Association hires a service provider to make repairs on the pumping and pipe systems, when needed. Each tower has a system.
- The water in Perdido Key does contain some sand and it is common for the sand to accumulate in the filters/screens of faucets. Check and clean this periodically to maintain proper water pressure.
- There are two elevators in each building.
- The maintenance of the elevators is completed by a service provider. Each month preventive maintenance is completed and whenever there is an issue, the same provider is contacted to make repairs. Most repairs are included under the annual contract terms.
- A separate service provider maintains the communication system in the elevators and monitors the emergency telephone system. When someone is trapped in the elevator, this service contacts the Perdido Key Fire Department to respond to the entrapment.
- Most malfunctions are a result of propping or forcing doors to remain open or items stuck in the door and track systems.
- Each building has a generator.
- The generators have a transfer switch so that when the power (supplied by Gulf Power) goes off, the generator automatically turns on. It can take up to 15 minutes for the generator to turn off after power has been restored.
- The emergency power supplies emergency lighting (some of the walkway lights) and elevator power only.
- Each Monday around lunchtime, the generator runs for about 15 minutes for testing and proper function.
- Trash is maintained by the Association and Waste Management and paid for with the Association monthly fees.
- Each building has trash chutes on each floor so that unit occupants can put tied garbage bags of garbage in the chutes. Chutes become clogged when broom sticks, pizza boxes or oddly shaped or large garbage is placed in the chute.
- Only domestic (kitchen and general garbage bag contents) are managed by the Association/Waste Management.
- Trash or dump items like furniture, large boxes, etc., must be disposed of by the unit owner away from SeaSpray. Some smaller boxes and small items can be brought down to the trash room and after being broken down, installed in the dumpsters.
- Disposal of unallowed items in the chutes or dumpster may result in extra charges and damage to the chute system that will cost the Association (all of you).
- Garbage is picked up on Monday & Friday most of the year. During the busy beach season, Wednesday and Saturday pick-ups may be added.
Cable TV & Internet
- The Association contracts with Cox Communications for internet and Cable TV.
- Internet services include a modem; however, the unit owner is responsible for his own router.
- Cable TV service includes about 70 channels and 2 mini-boxes.
- Extra services are available to unit owners at their own expense and contract with Cox Communications.
- For assistance with your internet and cable tv, contact Cox Community Care Customer Service at (855) 512-8876. This is a special customer service for communities, like SeaSpray. Be sure to provide your building address (16284-River, 16285-East and 16287-West) and your unit number. Trouble shooting guides for the mini-box and remote are located on this website at Unit Information-Cable TV & Internet. A listing of the channel line up is also located there. Please note that new equipment and services are being implemented and should be available by the end of this year (2018).
- The garages are Association property and considered “limited common” areas. The developer of SeaSpray sold exclusive use rights to SeaSpray owners for the garages. These owners paid a fee to the developer and became “assignees” of the garages. The original condominium documents (created by the developer and filed with the state of Florida) included garage assignments.
- Garage assignees pay extra for maintenance and reserves on an annual basis. Maintenance items include insurance, electricity, roof repairs, etc. The reserve item is painting of the garage doors.
- Should there be a garage property loss claim filed against SeaSpray’s insurance, the assignees would be financially responsible for the deductible or property repair/replacement items not covered.
- Garage assignees have the right to trade, sell or rent their garages; however, all must be with a SeaSpray unit owner only. Funds for these transactions are not provided to the Association.
Dock & Boat Slips
- There are 34 boat slips at the dock, 15 of the slips are private and 19 are public.
- The developer of SeaSpray filed original condominium documents with the state of Florida that included exclusive right ownership for the private slips. SeaSpray owners purchased the exclusive use of the private slips from the developer and became “assignees”.
- Private slip assignees pay an annual fee and extra reserves for their pro-rata share of the maintenance of the dock to the Association.
- Slip assignees have the right to trade, sell or rent their slips; however, all must be with a SeaSpray unit owner only. Funds for these transactions are not provided to the Association.
- Public slips are available for owner and guest vessel parking and use. Reservations may be managed during high occupancy times by the office.
- Parking of vessels and trailers for owners is allowed in the lot behind the garages and the overflow/West Lot adjacent to the River Building at no extra cost. Parking for guests is available at the West Lot.
- There is a boat launch available for vessels up to 14,000 pounds.
- Located east of the boat launch.
- There are 35 available storage spots, 28 are assigned and rented to owners and 7 are available on a first-come-first-served basis and must be moved upon the conclusion of your stay at SeaSpray.
- Diagram of assignments found within the Documents on the website.
- Annual fee is $50 per year for rental.
- Parking is available at each building for vehicles. Vessel and trailer parking are available on the river side. Recreational vehicle parking is not allowed at SeaSpray.
- The garage located under the East Building is reserved for owner parking only.
- Parking stickers for vehicles are available from the office for owners, long-term renters and friends and family (as authorized by the title owners only).
- Vehicle stickers must be adhered to the driver side of the windshield. Green stickers are issued for title owners and blue for owner-approved guests.
- Temporary vehicle passes are issued for guests and must be kept on the dash on the driver’s side of the vehicle while in the SeaSpray parking lot.
- Owners may obtain an orange sticker for their vessels and trailers and may park both in the boat yard (behind the garages) or in the overflow/West Lot on the river side of the property.
- Guests must obtain parking passes for vessels and trailers and may park in the overflow/West Lot during their stay only.
- Owners and Guests may park/use non-private boat slips at the dock during their stay only. During high occupancy times, reservations may be managed for these slips. Reservations cannot be obtained in advance and should be secured as soon as you arrive at the property or as soon as the office is opened.
- During high occupancy, the vacant area west of the River Building, between the river and asphalt parking area will be opened for vehicle, vessel and trailer parking.
- Owners must use the “Best” (manufacturer) key system for their unit and storage doors.
- The Association maintains a front door key for each unit at the front desk. This is the key that is lent to service providers, guests, during office hours. The key is signed out and accounted for at the end of each business day.
- The Association maintains a master key that will open each unit door. During a fire or emergency, the Perdido Fire Department will use the master key to access the unit. If the key does not fit, they may damage the door to gain access.
- Owners keys are also maintained at the front desk. Owners keys are extra keys to the front door, storage, garages, padlocks and mailboxes that have been purchased by the owners for the owners use.
- It is recommended that owners maintain one copy of each key for their property at SeaSpray in case a key is needed.
- Owner keys can be provided to guests with owner approval/instruction communicated to office staff during business hours.
- Staff will not provide a key to guests, service providers, etc., without your permission. When you schedule someone to visit your unit with the intention of staff to provide a key, please send an email or make a telephone call to the office to provide permission. Your permission is recorded in a log for reference. If you want to provide “blanket” permission, i.e., a certain cleaner can always check out a key, etc., please let us know.
- Copies of front door and storage keys (Best Keys) can be made by the maintenance staff as soon as time allows and billed to owners at $10 cost per key.
- When changing out or re-keying your unit and storage locks, use a locksmith that is familiar with the Best key system and make sure that the master key fits your lock and the duplication code for the new key, as well as one copy of the key, are provided to the Association office. The locksmith that works with the Association on key and door matters is Pensacola Lock and Safe and their phone number is (850) 476-1164.
- The Association contracts with IPSC for services that include Roving property and parking pass inspections, locking of pool gates, lock out service, response to noise and property damage complaints and misc. enforcement (vandalism, glass at pool, damage to property, trespassing, etc.) after office hours.
- The emergency number should be called after office hours for security services. The number is 888-547-7930.
- Daily reports are provided to management on the inspections and calls made.
- The Association maintains cameras in strategic common areas that record activity. Recordings, in most cases, are kept for about 2 weeks.
Mail & Mail Boxes
- Mailboxes are the property of the Association and can be found on the first floor of each building. The boxes are numbered.
- Locks and keys are the property of the unit owner.
- Replacement locks can be installed by SeaSpray maintenance as time allows, upon request. The US Post Office Service will not install locks for you.
- If you would like the office staff to supply a mailbox key to a guest, please provide your permission and an extra key to be stored in your owner’s envelope and we will do that for you. The staff will not be responsible for the return of the key.
- It is recommended that you maintain an extra mailbox key at the office in case it is needed. Key copies can be obtained from any hardware store and are not proprietary, like the unit and storage room doors.
- Public or common area bathrooms (one each: women & men) are located on the ground level for each building.
- Toilet paper, soap, paper towels, garbage management and cleaning are maintained by the Association staff.
- Issues found in the bathroom should be reported to the office.
- The exercise room is located behind the office in the West Building.
- Rules for the exercise room can be found under the Governance tab within the Rules and Regulations and are posted on the Exercise Room entry door and on the wall in the room.
- A beach vendor, Perdido Beach Service, conducts beach chair, umbrellas, kayak, etc., business on the beach in front of SeaSpray (rate sheet link and also located in documents).
- Approximately $5,000 per year is paid to SeaSpray from Perdido Beach Service as a fee from their sales. This is deposited in the operating account and reduces the income needed from owners to operate at SeaSpray.
- Personal belongings (chairs, umbrellas, ice chests, tents, etc.) cannot be left on the beach after sunset through sunrise each day. The Association may receive a violation notice that could lead to a $1,100 fine for items left on the beach. The Escambia County Office of Environmental Code Enforcement monitors the beach and enforces the ordinance that governs this matter.
- Beach and pool storage boxes are available for storage (not secured, use at your own risk) of your personal items if you do not want to bring them into your unit.
- Walkways cannot be blocked with beach/pool items for safety and fire code compliance so please do not store these items in the walkways.
Pools & Hot Tub
- There is a pool located at each building (River, East & West).
- There is a hot tub located at the East Building.
- Pools may be used 9 am – 10 pm. The pool gates are locked outside of these hours.
- Pool cleaning and chemical maintenance is typically completed each day and may be accomplished by a pool service.
- The River Grill is a located behind the River Building at the base of the dock.
- Two gas grills are available for owners and guests to use.
- A small ice maker is available in the grill area.
- Two sinks, preparation area and bar seating are available for use.
- Vehicles, Vessels and Trailers may not be parked in this area due to traffic; however, dropping off or picking up is acceptable.
- Two courts are located on the river side of the property between the garages and the River Building.
- Rules and Regulations for the courts are posted.
- If playing at night, the lights can be turned on at the post just outside of the entry gate. They take a few minutes to warm up and turn on. Please turn off the lights when finished playing.
Bike Storage Rack
- Bike storage racks are available in the East Building garage.
- Owners and guests may use.
- Owner’s pets are allowed on property only.
- Renters, family members, friends and guests may not bring/keep their pets at SeaSpray.
- Pet waste stations are located between the East & West Building, at the driveway to the launch, by the tennis court and at the front of the River Building at the winding road for your convenience. Owners are expected to clean up after their pets.
- Smoking is not allowed in the common areas at SeaSpray (pools, walkways, stairways, parking lots, etc.)
- Owners voted and the majority agreed to this policy.
- Owners may smoke in their units or provide permission for their family, friends or renters to smoke in their units.